100 Things About Me...#1-25

I wrote this over the course of a couple of weeks back in August of 2006. It's kind of interesting (to me) to read back through...kind of like rereading an old journal. I'm copying from back then and adding in italics any changes...

1. I had my oldest son and was married at age 19 (in that order).

2. I was married for 6 years (though the last year we were separated and just waiting for the divorce to come through).

3. I have been married to my current husband for 4 years. (My ex, in the time between OUR divorce and my marriage, married twice!)

4. I have three sons.

5. If I could go to school forever and pay my bills, I would. I love school.

6. I dislike conflict but am trying really hard to be a more assertive person.

7. My dad died when I was 20. I still miss him. His influence was huge in forming my image of myself.

8. I got pregnant the first time I had sex. (Really)

9. I have married the only two men I have slept with. Not that I waited for the right guy (obviously, or I'd never have married the first one!)...it just worked out that way.

10. I'm almost 6 feet tall.

11. I taught 7th grade language arts for one year and hated it.

12. I love to read and could easily spend a week on the couch with a stack of books.

13. I don't like beer or coffee, but I love strawberry margaritas and hot chocolate.

14. Right when I need it the most (beginning of the school year, contract negotiations, particularly difficult student), our local grocery stores are completely out of Jose Cuervo premixed strawberry margaritas. (Happily, Jose Cuervo strawberry margaritas are in stock and ON SALE!! :D)

15. If my week gets any more difficult, I'll have to start looking for my drink in other towns. (No complaints...it was a great week at school).

16. I talk about being a stress drinker, but I'm much more likely to stress eat. Probably why I gained 10 pounds this summer with all of the kids home!

17. Since I was something of a late bloomer and then got pregnant my freshman year of college, I missed out on a lot of the partying that many college students enjoy (especially those at WVU, judging from MK's link!! ). While I wouldn't trade my kids, I do regret not having more time to "have fun".

18. Though I wouldn't trade my kids for the world, I have at times thought that that would be the trade. As in, if I hadn't had them, my world would have been much wider.

19. I'd love to have another baby, but I don't know that we could afford one financially or mentally. I love being pregnant (at least, it was great with Jacob...not so much with the older boys, with whom I was sick A LOT). (I think I'm done having babies.)

20. Jeff (my current husband) attributes my wonderful pregnancy with Jacob to himself. He thinks that the difference in father led to the difference in pregnancies. And, hey, everything else is better with Jeff, so who am I to argue?!

21. If there's a short way and a long way to say something, I always take the long way.

22. When I was married the first time, I wrote a lot of poetry and short stories. I don't write anything but my blog now. I do think that a lot of my earlier writing productivity can be attributed to my general unhappiness. (I'm writing again some and writing even more in my head. Not as happy as I used to be)

23. I won honorable mention for one of my poems in a national contest. It was about my mixed feelings toward my mother after my father's death, so I could never share my winning poem with her because it would have hurt her feelings.

24. I am a basically lazy person. I waste a lot of time, which is why I'm blogging about myself right now instead of researching behavior management on the internet.

25. I love to talk about myself. I'm often not sure of what to say to others, so I talk about myself and then wonder things about them (that I could/should have asked) after the conversation.

Comments

Popular Posts