Perspective

I've said it before, I'm a complainer. I'd say "recovering complainer", but I'm really only recovering in the sense that I at least recognize now that it's a problem. Today, I've caught myself a couple of times wanting to call my husband and complain about things, but I've stopped myself. Here, in writing, I want to put things in perspective.

* Rather than whine about being a little achy from falling down the stairs this morning, let me be thankful that I wasn't badly hurt, that our stairs are carpeted, that I have enough house to have a downstairs, and that my Nathan, for whom I was on the third trip down to wake him up, is alive and well enough to frustrate me.

* Rather than complain that I grabbed the wrong tupperware this morning and had plain noodles for lunch today rather than the nice meal I had prepared for myself, let me be thankful that I have food to eat of any kind in this world where so many are starving.

* Rather than grumble about having to go back to work, let me praise God that I have a secure job and that I was able to enjoy a paid break.

When I stop to think about it, I think that many of my biggest blessings are wrapped in these complaints. Let me never allow inconveniences to mask the many ways in which God has provided for me. I want to have a spirit of joy and appreciation.

Lord, thank you for all of the blessings You have given me. Help me to always recognize and appreicate Your provision for me.

Comments

Popular Posts