Whirlwind

Been some busy days. I've been reading a ton. In the past 2 weeks, I've read Francine Rivers's Lineage of Grace series (very cool), Atonement Child (also good), and Redeeming Love (amazing! I finished that one yesterday and am still missing the characters). I read three books by Barbara (I think) somebody. I also read Singing with the Top Down, which was fantastic, and finally finished The Power of a Praying Woman. I now have a stack of work-related books waiting for me.

Nathan finished up his basketball season today. They lost the conference championship. It was a huge disappointment. They played a fantastic game on Saturday and beat a team they probably shouldn't have...only to pretty much roll over today and lose to a team they should have beat. Oh, well. Goodbye basketball, hello volleyball.

This weekend Jeff and I went out to watch a high school friend of my brother in a band. This was a huge gift from my husband to me, because the man hates the bar scene and only knew two other people who were there. A social butterfly, he isn't, so he mostly sat and tried not to look too miserable until I was ready to leave.

I wasn't feeling too well on Sunday after our night out, but I managed to drag myself and the three boys to church, and I'm always so glad to be there. I really love my church. I love that I love my church and that it is so relevant to me. Now that basketball is over, I can finally go back to my Wednesday small group...except that I can't this week because I'm going to see a movie with Jeff. What I really want to do is go to church, but I'm trying to put him in front of me for once.

Oh, and after a terrible Friday at work (OK, terrible is too strong, but it was definitely rough), my two biggest problem children were very good today. Yea God! I could definitely use the break!

Oh, and most exciting of all, Jeff and I are taking a trip to Memphis this weekend. Just the two of us. I can't wait!! A trip. Away. Together. Without kids. Ahhhhh.

Comments

Popular Posts