Bike log 5/2/09

Tied with my longest ride. This one was a loop on our local bike paths. When I started out today, I wasn't feeling it at all. Kind of wanted to turn around and go work in the garden...but I have my big ride in less than two months, and I want to enjoy it rather than be miserable, and my wonderful husband arranged for Jacob to be occupied so that I'd have the time while he went and worked over at his dad's volleyball court.

I had originally planned on the long loop, but since I was feeling so sluggish when I started I headed in a direction where if I was still feeling that way part way in I could shorten the ride to about 17 miles. By the time I got there, though, I was feeling pretty good. I felt great for the first 25 miles or so. The last several my thighs started really hurting. Not cramping, but sore. This is new for me. The only thing different was that I was wearing my FIL's padded spandex bike shorts (a lovely sight, to be sure) and the legs are tighter than on my usual shorts. Don't know if that would make the difference or not.

After feeling so weak after my last ride (basically sleeping for the next two days), I made sure to bring a snack as well as a Gatorade. I made sure to stop at least ever 10 miles to take a big drink, and I had my snack about halfway in. That must have helped, because energy was never an issue.

Ride stats:

Weather was mid-high 60's and mostly cloudy. Not much wind, which was a lovely change from my last few rides!

Distance: 34.355 mi
Max. speed: 20.8 mph
Avg. speed: 12.5 mph
Time: 2:44:43
Calories: 1,271.9

Comments

  1. Cycling is good exercise - but you have to remember the corporate-slogan of the Camelbak people: "Hydrate or Die".

    In this case it's not just a slogan....

    Best to you, Kate!

    -Will ("Astra")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cycling is good exercise - but you have to remember the corporate-slogan of the Camelbak people: "Hydrate or Die".

    In this case it's not just a slogan....

    Best to you, Kate!

    -Will ("Astra")

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts