I could go on obsessing about it, but I'm already close to tears. Instead, I'm going to focus on some things that make me smile.
|Why I hate my brother|
2. My relentless Facebook posting about my running may be annoying, but it's apparently also inspiring. I ran into a casual friend at Target a while back, and she told me that I had inspired her to start running more. My cousin's wife sent me a message asking for suggestions on what to do to start training for a 5K. Pretty cool. :)
|To whom it may concern: I love you|
4. I was walking in to work today, and another of my friends told me that her husband asked this morning, "Well, how far did Kate run today?"...because she's always mentioning it to him. That made me laugh.
6. One of my goals for 2011 was to join a running club. So far, this non-joiner has joined two: Team Revolution (women's biking) and Team Godzilla (local tri club). Hopefully I'll get to do my first Team Rev ride this weekend, since my first attempt was snowed out. I was hoping to do my first Team Godzilla run as a club member tonight, but it turns out N. has a basketball game.
|We won...we really won!|
7. This weekend, up in Chicago, my son's club volleyball team won a match against the number one ranked U17 team in the nation. You know those victories where the players are jumping up and down and ripping off their shirts a la Brandy Chastain? It was that kind of win. Huge. So huge that the fact that we got beat by a lesser (though still very good) team in the next round didn't put a dent in our excitement. My throat still hurt the next day from cheering so loud. :)
8. One sad note: I've had to mark off the first item from my 2011 race schedule. Tracks n Treads (off road duathlon) is the same day as a big orientation day at Eastern Illinois University, so I'm demonstrating my good priorities and taking my son to that. I'm disappointed, but there's always next year. And since I won't be there, there's now an opening for last-place finisher...
Now, momentarily back to my original subject...it's been a while since I had a 2-3 year old. What worked best for you in quelling tantrums? I'm at my wits end. Suggestions are welcome!