Best. week. ever.

This past week...I could get used to weeks like these.  Even when you take into account the fact that it was one of those weeks at school where every morning found me wanting to hide under my covers until the day was over...
Source
...and my big fail in Wendesday's tempo run...



...it was still an awesome week.


1.  After wanting a cross bike for over a year and painstakingly saving up some the money, I got a great deal on an Airborne Delta.  A cross bike with disc brakes...it sure sounds like a match made in heaven for me and my brake-loving ways.  I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have the question of what I'm going to ride for Dirty Kanza settled in plenty of time for my new bike and I to get to know each other.  I really want that 200 sticker and finisher's glass.
2.  Since October I've been following a pretty consistent Paleo diet, and I'm finding more and more that it works for me.  While I don't talk about losing weight much on my blog (because, um...it's rare for me, and also it's really not my focus), I'm now down 17 pounds and almost exactly halfway to where I think I want to be.  It's enough that people around me are starting to notice, and it's enough that my favorite jeans, the smallest size jeans I've worn since high school, have gotten baggy.  Which leads me to...



3.  Friday after work I bought the new smallest size jeans I've worn since high school.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I never saw that number in high school.  Now, part of that has to be different sizing, and full disclosure requires me to tell you that fitting into these new jeans doesn't mean fitting in with no muffin top...but I got them on without advanced calesthenics or a crowbar, so it counts in my book!



4.  Ever since I first heard of High Profile Adventure Camp in my early days of stalking my AR team, their hilarious reports from camp made camp a must-do event for me, and my experience spending the better part of an hour hanging from a wall at Thunder Rolls just reinforced the unfortunate reality that I'm not really a learn-it-on-the-go type of girl. 

100_0336
It's hard to see it because of the sunlight, but this is the face of utter defeat.

We have big plans to not suck at this year's Thunder Rolls 24 hr, and that means that I need some actual ropes practice.  I was thrilled to find out that I'll be able to volunteer at camp this year, get some more ropes experience, and see Robyn Benincasa, one of my heroes.  I kind of feel like I know here a little already since tidbits from her talks have entered into the Team Virtus lexicon, but I'm super excited to get to hear her speak for myself.

In addition to all this extra-special goodness, I've been running regularly and making peace with the bike trainer.  It's early going, but so far 2013 is looking good to be the year that I turn over a new leaf training-wise (and actually train). 

What about you? Anything happy happening in your life?

Comments

  1. all of this makes me happy!!! so awesome about the small jean size AND cross bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so so soooo far behind in life but I thought I had to check in on SK to see how you were and because I missed you so much, and I'm so glad I did. Loved all the awesome news...new coolio bike, great weight loss, knocking out those workouts (well, almost). You're going to get that sticker and glass - piece o cake girl! Big smiles for you in Denver right now. Can't wait until you bring that new bike of yours to the high country and do a little Silver Rush 50 miler on it. I'll be there cheering you on...as in REALLY there, not just virtually there!! :)
    Love ya! Keep being focused and super SK strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About #2...

    Since I wandered off in a haze after the SHITR I never had a chance to tell you that you have OBVIOUSLY not only lost weight, but you have also shaped up.

    Sometimes it's not as obvious to someone that sees us everyday or week, but I hadn't seen you since Thunder Rolls. You looked great. It was clear you have been working hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! :)

    And Chad, when you first met me I was at the heaviest I'd been in a long time. Not the best way to go into an A race, and it showed big time in how I felt and performed. The memory of feeling and doing so crappy is a big motivation for keeping on it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I think you are a total rock star, but thought I'd take the chance to say it again. Love this, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You pulled the trigger on the bike! So exciting!! Brent's driving down to Delaware this afternoon to pick up our two monstrosities that hadn't been touched since Nationals (hence why we had to take them all the way to Delaware for service :) ), and he's coming home with a quote for a new XS Salsa 29er for me. I don't think it's in the budget for this year, but I'm excited to start stowing a little bit away for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great week - I'm sure the first of many this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally stealing that cartoon to put on FB for my teacher friends. Love it.
    Love that you are fitting into smaller jeans. Muffin top?What is that? It'll be gone in no time! Good for you. I was losing weight but gained some back on vacation.
    I'm so mad at my computer I may just keep eating!
    How exciting to get a new bike. I don't get at all what kind it is or anything but glad you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'd seen some of this on FB, but didn't realize it was that one big package of good stuff! Congrats on the bike and the weight loss and the running.

    The cartoon cracked me up. My mom is one year away from retirement from teaching and my MIL retired last yaer--I should share that with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm impressed you've stuck with it. i feel better when i'm eating clean but am so bad at falling off the wagon. :-/ glad you're seeing great results!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great! Awesome bike. Keep up the terrific work!

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I'm going to warn you right now: Disc brakes do not make up for lack of bike handling skills. Let's get some practice in and hit the CX circuit this fall with a minimum of brake wear.

    We can start practicing mid-summer after your adventure in KS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts