The sad thing is that the attitude has nothing to do with the job--the kids--(ok, well, for the most part) and everything to do with the sense of being undervalued and disrespected. While I'm not entirely liking my workplace, though, I LOVE my job, and I would never want any grumbling I do to obscure that...for you OR for me. And sometimes we all need reminders that we really ARE happy, no matter how we feel.
1. I get hugged about 100 times a day.
2. My students think I'm a great artist. My pitiful stick figures receive great acclaim.
3. No one laughs when I sing.
4. Former students get excited and wave every time I walk past them at lunch. I feel like a rock star every day when I hear "There's Mrs. G--!! Hiiiii, Mrs. G--!! Hi!!"
5. I can turn a little review activity into the most exciting game show ever.
6. Reading a chapter book to my class and watching it come alive for them. If I only taught them one thing, I would want it to be how magical reading is.