|N's girlfriend and J spectating|
|Yes, I do have a husband. And I'm sure he was having more fun than it looks in this picture.|
|"I do not want to fall down there!"|
4. Tragedy: when we got back, I was bringing in a bunch of stuff from the car and dropped my phone on the driveway. Face down.
|This is your phone on crack.|
5. For breakfast today, I had chips, guacamole, and wine. Breakfast of champions. Or alcoholics. One of the two.
6. Am I the only mom in the world who would prefer to spend Mother's Day on my own? This "holiday" is too much build-up, for sure. My ideal Mother's Day would be to sleep in, get breakfast out, go for a long bike ride or run, have a pedicure and massage, lunch out, get a new book and spend the rest of the day in the hammock with it. You can add margaritas in there at most any step.
7. I bought my own Mother's Day gifts. Some Bath & Body Works lotion and body wash, and entry fee to the race of my choice. Jeff added in Run Like a Mother, which I've been wanting to read. I also ordered The New Rules of Lifting for Women, Cardio Strength Training, and Run Less, Run Faster. Looking forward to reading those, learning something from them, and hopefully filling the gaping hole that is my strength training. Thanks for the suggestions, Luke!
8. D is going to take me to see Jersey Boys as my MD present. I'm torn between being touched and urging him not to spend so much money on me (he just got his first paycheck from his first non-babysitting job). As he said, though, "I've never really spent any money on you before," so I'm going to just appreciate his gift and the time together.
9. J made a MD card at school where he had to fill in some blanks. Here's one of my favorite pages:
|See his incorrect fact family?|
10. On Laima's suggestion, I entered my marathon blisters in the 2Toms Worst Blister contest on Facebook. (after some technical difficulties, likely user error). Although I spared you the sight of them unless you wanted to click on the link, now I'm asking for your help. If you're on Facebook, I'd appreciate it if you would "like" 2Toms and then find my nasty picture and "like" it, too. If my picture gets the most likes, I could win a 6-month supply of 2Toms products and have no gross blister pictures to inflict on you all any more. So really, by helping me, you're helping yourselves. :)