Now that the meaningless challenge has been vanquished, it's back to the real ones. I'm super excited about the next couple of months.
* Nov. 5 - Wild in the Woods 5 mi trail race at Broemmelsiek Park, followed by mountain biking there with friends. Two of my favorite things. :)
* Nov. 11-13 Team Revolution mountain bike trip to Land Between the Lakes, KY. I've never been and can't wait to go. When I first signed up, I didn't know anyone else who was going but have since recruited three other friends. The cool thing is that, while I'm excited that they're going, I didn't need anyone else to go so that I'd be comfortable. That's pretty new for me.
* Nov. 20 - Skippo 30k trail race. My thought process in signing up for the 30k went something like Hey, 30k...that's almost 19 miles. That'll be a fun challenge on trails. It's not until I start training that I remember challenge = hard. I've definitely had some "what was I thinking???" thoughts on my recent trail runs.
* Nov. 26 - orienteering meet at Meramec State Park. Still hoping we get to do this, but for some reason my husband isn't sold on driving 2 hours, competing in an orienteering meet, and then driving back home for Thanksgiving with my family. Where's the adventure spirit, I ask you? :)
* Dec. 3 - Castlewood 8 Hour Adventure Race. VERY excited about this, and thrilled that I'll be able to do this race despite being cruelly abandoned by not one, but two potential teams. Thank you, Orange Lederhosen...you were my only hope.
* Dec. 10 - Pere Marquette Endurance Trail Race - my tri club's signature event, a race which kicked my butt last year, and the one time I'll tell you publically that I'm gunning for someone. And he knows who he is. :) It's a hard enough race that I really considered not doing it this year, but I really wanted the shirt they're giving away this year.
There you have it...a full calendar to be sure. Now if I can just make it to 2012 without getting sucked into some blog challenge or one of Jill's crazy schemes.