TAT CN Header

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quotes that have caught me thinking

I've been writing down quotes that have struck me, and here are some of them.

Joyce Meyer paraphrasing Hebrews 4:3: "Faith is the doorway through which we enter the rest of God."

NIV text notes on John 16:32: "The disciples had faith, but not enough to stand firm in the face of disaster (crucifixion). Jesus knew they would fail; however, His church is not built on peoples' strength but on God's ability to use people even after they have failed." Love this!

From Matthew West's song You Are Everything: "You're the one who looks at me and sees what I was meant to be..." What a thought...that God sees us as we are to Him, not as our flawed selves. The way we look at our children times a million or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment