Book review: World Withou End

World Without End World Without End by Ken Follett


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
World Without End is Follett's sequel to Pillars of the Earth, but it stands on its own for those who haven't read the first book. A sweeping saga, in over 900 pages it covers several decades in the life of four main characters who live in and around a medieval cathedral town in England.



If I didn't have any family or work responsibilities, I could have read this book in one (long) sitting. It was so involving that I hated to put it down. The characters and setting were well drawn, and the plot moved along well. In addition, I felt like I learned something about life, society, and even construction in the Middle Ages.



I would recommend this to anyone who likes to read. It's a fantastic book!


View all my reviews.

Comments

Popular Posts