Nerves

I need to leave in a little bit for the race. Today's my first 10K. After all the blog reading I've been doing about all the marathons, half marathons, 25 and 50K races, and such, I feel silly making such a big thing about a 10K, but it's big to me. It'll be the longest I've run. Or run/walked, as the case may be.

I'm excited to see how it goes. A little nervous, too. This is my first run without anyone to hang out with beforehand. My sister in law did my first two runs with me, and my brother and sons did the last one. It's no big deal, just a comfort thing. Also, it really hit me yesterday when I was looking at the route map...I'm going to run a 5K...and then be only halfway done. Yikes!

On the other hand, today is also the Komen Race for the Cure in St. Louis, and many of my friends will be there today. Close to 70,000 people? No, thanks. I'm not a fan of crowds, or traffic, or nonexistant parking, or running through crowds. So, great cause, but I'm glad I'll be in my own hometown and able to just ride to this walk...if I hadn't left my bike lock in my brother's truck.

Comments

Popular Posts