Ooh! Ooh! :)

I don't write much about trying to lose weight because it feels like this neverending process. Down a little, back up, back down, etc. I fight with the same couple of pounds for what seems like a month, and the progress is really slow. I've been stuck with the same low for over a month.

Until yesterday! I almost didn't even weigh myself bc I'd had more than my share of homemade guacamole the night before.

Aside: the best homemade guacamole EVER! And by "homemade", I mean I mashed the avocado, diced the onion, and then dumped in some of this...
photo.jpg
Most effective grocery store sample lady ever had guacamole made with these spices (found in the produce section). Delicious! And so easy. At the risk of sounding like a commercial, I have to say it. Buy these spices. 2 avocados, some diced onion, 2 tbsp of gourmet garden cilantro, 1 tbsp of GG garlic, GG chili pepper to taste, and then 2 Tbsp of lemon juice. Seriously. It made my mouth so happy. Which is why I couldn't stop eating it Monday night.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming. To recap: ate too much, wasn't going to weigh myself, did anyway...and I was down 2 pounds! Whoo hoo! I have a new low. :)

Of course, lest I get too excited, that makes a total of 10 pounds since Christmas. Hardly blistering progress, but I've lost a lot of inches. Thank goodness I started taking measurements, or the weeks and weeks that I was exercising my butt off and watching what I ate only to see no movement on the scale would have broken my will.

Comments

Popular Posts