I wasn't a slug all day. After about 45 minutes of stalling in bed and considering how much better it would be to stay home and make pancakes, I dragged myself out to our local trails for the tri club's annual Thanksgiving Day trail run. I just wasn't feeling a turkey trot this year; maybe Skippo still has me turned off on racing. An easy run in the woods was a better plan, and since I was about 15 minutes late I had the trails mostly to myself.
|The snow is what decided me on running vs. sleeping in.|
Other than long naps and the opportunity and ability to be active, I have lots of other things to be thankful for, most currently:
1. Tamiflu (and the insurance benefits that cut its cost from $300 to $25). Jacob came down with the flu last week, and while he felt pretty lousy, the Tamiflu cut his symptoms WAY back.
2. Having two of my kids (and my sweet daughter-in-law) with me today, and getting a phone call from Nathan.
3. The family that invited Nathan and some of his friends to their house for the holiday.
4. 5-day weekends...
5. ...that are full of fun, active plans.
6. One more family Thanksgiving, this one at my mom's on Saturday.
I hope that you've all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with people you love doing things you love!