2. I have a blog that I update almost daily (of course, you know this). I also have a book blog.
3. I'm surrounded by men. Somehow, it's not the same as I imagined it would be when I dreamed of it in high school. Of course, these men are my husband, dog, and sons, not the Chippendales. Sigh.
|That's not me. Any of them. |
Photo credit: Marion Cerrato (via Flickr)
5. I'm doing a 12-hour adventure race in September with my brother Jim. You have to be mountain bike, run, canoe, and use a map to navigate to different checkpoints in Mark Twain Nat'l Forest. Since I can't read a map or mountain bike without breaking something, I have some work to do before September.
6. My classroom management is better than I give myself credit for, because my "best class in the world" isn't nearly as good for my student teacher.
7. I love my job. I have the best job in the world this year because I have the best class in the world this year....however...
8. If someone would pay me enough to write, I could be convinced to quit my job. :) But they'd have to pay me quite a bit before I quit.
9. Or I'd love to be a stay at home mom, but mostly when my kids are in school.
10. Book reviewers have the best job ever.
11. Well, and restaurant reviewers.
|Again, not me|
Flickr photo by Tom/an untrained eye http://www.flickr.com/photos/an_untrained_eye/4154064402/
13. I get to play basketball once a week with a great group of girls. We play for an hour straight and don't keep score.
14. Between my housekeeping disability and my husband's hoarder tendencies, if I don't show up for work one day you'll probably find me buried under boxes of Goodwill "finds".
15. My least favorite words in the world are "What's for dinner?..............Awwww, gross...I HATE that!!" I hear that just about every day. And in our house, we consider "fair" the F-word.
16. I ran my first half marathon in October. It was awesome. Especially the part where I crossed the finish line and got to stop.
17. I've ridden the length of the Katy Trail (~225 miles) twice. It's got me for maybe one more trip before my aunt and I strike out for another state's ride.
|This one is me.|
19. I love that facebook has given me a chance to reconnect with friends from grade school, high school, and college, as well as get to know some cool new people better.
20. It took me 11 years and 2 kids to graduate from college.
21. Two out of my three kids were "accidents" (it's ok...they know that), but quite a few have guessed that my youngest was. (He wasn't)
22. I used to want to go on Survivor, but now I'd rather be on The Amazing Race. I like family Survivor just fine, though.
|I'm the old one. You know, in case you weren't sure|
24. I still write poems (or fragments of them), and I have a novel that's been bouncing around in my head for about about 14 years, but I don't think it has a happy ending and I prefer things with happy endings.
25. My ex-husband's wife is one of my bestest friends.
26. My iTunes playlist looks like a schizophrenic compiled it.
27. You know when someone tells you something and you wonder how you're even on the same planet? Yeah, me too.
28. I'd like to take a cross-country bike trip.
29. I usually read our book club selection after book club. Well, sometimes.
30. I think it would be really nice to have somebody take care of me for a while.
31. If I didn't tag you it's just because I thought you wouldn't do this. Or didn't get to your name before I got to 25 people. But I'm still nosy about what you would put. Feel free to play along.
32. Yeah, I know this is 32 things not 30. What can I say...I'm a rebel.
33. Crap. I just reread the rules, and I was supposed to tag 30 people. Oh, well. See #32.