Marathon in May

So I've decided...it's the LaCrosse Marathon on May 1, 2011. It has the dual benefits of being in Wisconsin, which I love, and being 30 minutes from my brother's house. That way I can stay with him AND run my first marathon with somewhere behind him.

I'm both excited (whoo hoo...my first marathon!!) and daunted (remembering how very happy I was to be stopping at the end of the half marathon) by the thought. Still, I have 5.5 months to get myself ready. I'll start my training plan in January, but I've already bumped my weekly mileage in preparation.

Well, theoretically. Turns out it's way easier for me to get up for a 2-mile run than a 5-miler. Hopefully once I'm on the training plan in earnest it'll be different. I've managed to get in my long runs on the weekend and my mid-week tempo or speedwork runs; it's the easy runs that are submitting to my lack of morning motivation...which is why I'll be out tonight at 11 to log a couple miles after N and I get back from his practice.

Comments

  1. I'm so excited for you, Kate! Your first marathon, how exciting! It's a really good idea to follow a training plan. It will help you to avoid under/over training. Plus, you can mentally prepare for the longer runs because you know when they are and also the distance required. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Good luck with the training! You'll have to let me know how it is. I've been considering a full marathon (not for awhile obviously) But think I better stick with the halves for now. Can't wait to read about your training! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's exciting! Running a marathon is an impressive feat. It's good to sign up for a tough challenge to help with motivation during the winter months.

    Which plan did you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Runner's World Smart Coach app and I'll use that. I used it to train for Lewis & Clark and was really happy with how that went.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! You will always remember your first:) I still think about mine and smile:) I am thinking about doing a spring May marathon too! We can train together. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm also doing my first marathon in May...the 29th in Ottawa! Of course, that's if all goes as planned...but, I'm pretty excited for boths of us :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea Julie and Anne! It'll be fun to train "together". :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts