In no particular order...

1. Tomorrow's Turkey Trot 5K was postponed until Sunday, and I'm not sure I'm going to make it now since I'm scheduled to work childcare registration at church.  This stinks, but it's probably a good thing because...

2.  Last night my 16 year old (6'3") son subbed in our ladies' basketball league.  Lucky me, I got to play against him.  He pretty well shut me down, and towards the end, I was going up strong with the ball and he stuffed me bigger than life.  I was jumping with my shot, and he slammed his hand down on the ball.  I bounced right back down, almost like he was dribbling me(!), and hurt my right (good) knee.  I'm hopeful that it'll be ok for Saturday's River Road 10 Mile race and had been toying with still running tomorrow.  Like I said, probably a good thing it was taken out of my hands.

photo.JPG

3. I bought new running shoes last night! I broke down and used about half of what I have saved for a bike (sigh) towards them and then paid the rest with regular money. I went back and forth about getting new shoes, but the fact is that my old ones have been with me since February, have well over 400 miles on them, and are awfully torn up. And all that is fine, but I've been having a lot of foot and leg fatigue running over the past month, and I think it may be partly because the old shoes are worn out. (Hopefully it's the shoes and not me! :D)


 
 

photo.JPG
4. I've made 4 pies today. One pumpkin (which I don't care for at all, but the pie looks better than mine typically do), two apple, and one apple cranberry. All of my apple pies have streusel topping because I have enough trouble with the bottom crust that I don't want to mess with attempting a top crust, too.





5.  It may snow tomorrow!  Only an inch of accumulation forecast, and it will (hopefully) melt off pretty quickly, but it's still exciting.



6.  I'm really excited because it looks like a friend isn't going to be able to participate in the Pere Marquette endurance trail run in December, and he offered to transfer his number to me.  Earlier in the year, I thought about registering and then wimped out.  When I looked back at the website later in the day, the race was sold out.  Of course, I immediately wanted to do it.  The race is at the same park as my last blog's hiking trip.

7. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

8.  I'm thankful for...

...a husband who supports me even if he doesn't "get" me...
...kids who are relatively happy (hey, they're teenagers!), healthy, and involved in their own interests...
...a job I love...
...a wonderful class...
...two great aides...
...the opportunity to run and ride my bike...
...a roof over my head, enough food to eat, and a reliable vehicle...
...family that is nearby...holiday ping-pong is a blessing, not a curse
...new blog friends...
...lots of things to look forward to...

Comments

  1. Love the shoes! I'm guessing after 400 miles, the problem was the shoes and not you. SNOW - I think we may see some too and I am thrilled because Friday is Pajama Day. ALL DAY LONG. (maybe I will even wander into a store or two with them on??) Happy Thanksgiving! I'll be over for some of those yummy pies, you continue to AMAZE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go idea replacing the shoes. I replace my every 300 miles.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shoes and from what I've heard-400 miles is a bit over the limit. my "running shoes" don't have that many miles on them yet (and unless I get my head outta my rear will may never see that many miles!). You're family hike sounds like it was fun and looked like a beautiful day to be out.

    You're pie looks yummy..and I wouldn't be able to safely have it in my house! I'd eat it before anyone got to dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had pumpkin pie, it's not something we really have over here. I love the fact you have made it, it's all very American, as it should be. Also with the purchase of some new snazzy running shoes I am expecting to hear of some record breaking times over the next running posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tori, the shoes are supposed to be 450 mile shoes. And I don't like pumpkin pie at all, so it's perfectly safe for me. Not so much the apple cranberry pie I had for breakfast this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts