Better late than never
And then all of the sudden it was Oct. 26 and I had only 59.9 miles logged for the month. Unfortunately, doing the math I realized that it would be possible for me to get in the remaining 41.1 miles in the remaining days of the month. The good news: I'm feeling super motivated. The bad news: it required me running 6 straight days, when I've never run more than two in a row.
Sigh. Why is it that I'm so determined to finish this (ultimately) meaningless challenge? And what the heck was I doing all those October days I could've been running??
So here's my miles cramming plan for the rest of the month:
- Wednesday--3.7 rainy miles while N. practiced volleyball
- Thursday--5 miles--actually ran/walked 6
- Friday--5 miles
- Saturday--16 miles (the one run that really matters to me...trail miles at Castlewood Park, good training for both the Skippo 30K and the Pere Marquette race
- Sunday--5 miles (thinking I can combine this with trick-or-treating)
- Sunday--5 miles (after the Halloween parade)