2. I joined a 100 mile challenge for October. Run and/or walk 100 miles this month. Hopefully I do better than my abysmal failure in...whatever other month I joined one of these challenges. The
3. I 'm doing a women's mountain bike weekend at Land Between the Lakes (in Kentucky) in November also. I have no idea who'll be there. I don't know that I know anyone else going. I didn't even ask. Once I got the OK from Jeff, I said I'd be there.
|Total strangers riding in what may or may not be Land Between the Lakes|
Photo credit: http://www.johannisholm.com/nieuwewebsite/foto/image/MTB.jpg
4. Three years ago you'd have had to hold a gun to my head to make me go spend a weekend with a houseful of complete strangers.
5. Three years ago I thought 50 miles was an insanely long distance to ride a bike. (I kind of agreed with this on Sunday).
6. Despite having no desire to have any more pets, I let my 17 year old get a kitten. The kid so rarely asks for anything that I hate to tell him no, even though he'll (hopefully!) be away at college next year.
8. At least the kids are happy.
9. I have to admit, it's the cutest little thing you ever saw.
10. The dog thinks it looks yummy.
11. I got my Champion Eco-Fleece outfit from Teamarcia's giveaway. LOVE it. So comfortable. I'd show you a picture, but its powers don't extend to making me look like brunette Barbie, so imagine me cozy and skinny.
12. I'm finishing up my third trip through the Twilight series. I'm not proud of this. Neither are my children: "What are you, thirteen?" I've held out against watching any of the movies, but my resolve is weakening.
13. I'm running in a 7 mile trail race with some friends on Saturday (and while usually "running a race with friends" consists of riding to the race with them or seeing them before the race and then running my own pace, this actually means running with anyone slow enough to put up with my recovery pace), and then I promised Jeff that I'd spend the rest of the day working on our family Halloween costumes. Since our party is next Friday, it's none too soon. Our idea is the lamest one we've had yet, and I'm all about it because I think it'll be relatively easy and fairly cheap to make.
Have you read the Twilight series? Seen the movies?
Any plans for the weekend?
What's your favorite past Halloween costume?