Super Proud

It's been a big week in the Super household.  On Saturday, my oldest son graduated from high school. 

100_6851
Check out the hardware
The medals are for Thespian Society, Silver Medallion (top 8% of class), and I think the last one is top 10% of class.  The cords are for Spanish Honor Society, and apparently I refused to spend $20 for the blue National Honor Society stole he is therefore not wearing. 

100_6852
I am a proud mama
This kid is everything I wasn't in high school (and, um...am not now): motivated, organized, really has things together.  Look out, world.

And today, my 16 year old's high school team played the sectional championship match against a Chicago-area team.  HUGE game.  Huge.  Boys volleyball has been big in that part of Illinois for quite a while.  We, on the other hand, are in our third year of boys volleyball.  Our first year we went 2-15.

photo.JPG
Champs
They won.  Won. We are headed to the State championships.  Which means, among other things, that Kovas will have yet another chance to blow off the opportunity to run with me.  But I'm way too happy right now to sink into depression over that, and I'm quite hopeful that I'll have my voice back in time to cheer them on in their next match.

photo.JPG
Proud brother
It's a pretty sweet week to be their mom.

Comments

  1. Congrats on the great week! You definitely should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so fabulous!! nothing sweeter than watching your kids succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having given birth to those fantastic children means you, in effect, have actually accomplished all the wonderful things they are doing! And, if you have managed to resist living too vicariously, you are even more Super than it looks from here! And it looks pretty Super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Kate! Congrats. So much to be proud of. Makes me kind of tear up! So wonderful to be proud of your kids. And they will be proud of you just like that when they are parents and realize what a good job you've done! You look beautiful btw...you're glowing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Consider yourself blown off ahead of time! :)

    Actually, maybe we can get Laima to come out with us - she's the better runer these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say - if he blows you off, I'll join you :)

    Congrats for being such a super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a great job! JUST FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to your kids. That is some serious graduation hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is all so great, congratulations! Super Proud sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big moments for sure! Congratulations to your sons, woohooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the great week.... and to the proud mom too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts