Bike log 7/7/09

Back on the bike after mud volleyball weekend. I was a little worried how I'd do because I somehow tweaked my bad knee in the mud, and after Monday's league volleyball game I couldn't straighten it. Not good going into Saturday's ride. It was OK, though. I woke up with my knee feeling better, and the lesser range of motion didn't affect my pedaling.

Distance: 17.044 mi
Avg. speed: 13.8 mph (I think that's a new best!)
Max. speed: 21.7 mph
Time: 1:14:25
Calories: 666.1

I've decided that I am, indeed, going to do the Ride the Rivers century in October. I'm excited. Now to work up a training plan. I've googled and come up with one resource that I'm going to combine with a book I bought a couple of months ago (Bicycling Magazine's Century Training Program: 100 Days to 100 miles, by Marla Streb. The book has all kinds of information, but seems a little thin on specific DO THIS training info.). This is definitely a challenge I need to work up to, but I have a few months to go. I'm busily trying to drag every cyclist I know into doing it as well!

Comments

Popular Posts